Sandboxed browser for iphone

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by BrandiCandi, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

In my iphone 4S browser, I want to be able to control javascripts on webpages. Safari doesn't give you many options so far as I can tell. And the app store seems to be pretty thin for options. Do I just suck at searching?

I tend to do malware research as a hobby. Obviously clicking on dodgy or suspect links will get me owned/jailbroken, so I'd like to run the browser in a sandbox. Has anyone done that? The only sandbox app I'm finding will restrict browsing to a whitelist of websites, which isn't really a sandbox at all. I want the browser to run in a quarantined state that has no permanent access to the rest of the device.

I'm also open to alternatives if anyone has suggestions.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

If you find one let me know,I would love to have a sandboxed browser for my Iphone4 and my macbook Pro for that matter.I no longer do malware runs but no way I am putting any Antivirus on either one period.

3. tlu

tlu Guest

All apps on iOS are sandboxed anyway:

4. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

Yeah, I know ios sandboxes its apps. I was hoping for an extra layer.

Actually what I settled on was iCurl, which is a pretty gui for cURL the linux command that issues gets, puts, etc. to websites and returns the webpage in text format. Incidentally iCurl is the only was I've found to spoof my user agent in ios.

5. tlu

tlu Guest

I haben't tried that but icab mobile can do that, too. It's the most configurable browser I found for iOS. And it has the best ad blocking performance: It comes with per-defined filters and you can also import Fanboy's filters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.