sanboxie, problem with IE

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Just installed Sandboxie today,but when I open internet explorer with it, first it takes few minutes to open( may be time taken for virtualiztion) but when it opens there is no toolbar at all as you can see in the attachement, I don,t know how to fix it. Any help will be appreciated. Also few more questions,
    - Any body tried buffer zone free,is it more better than sanboxie.
    - How I can install software in sandboxie environment.

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      82.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2006
  2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Do you have Safexp installed? If "browse in new process" is unticked IE will use Explorer to kick in and not Iexplore disabling the sandboxing of IE.

Bring up taskmanager to make sure IE is using it's own process to kick in.Have you tried Firefox sandboxed.

Sandboxie works fine here.Link below to their help forum.
    http://sandboxie.com/phpbb/index.php?sid=a83a9b3916b4b4b1501783d5626af0ce

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I could not understand. What is safexp,if some software then I don,t have it. I checked task manager, IE runs itself but no tooolbars, firefox runs ok. alsi i have sitehound toolbr that is installed in IE, but when I start IE in sandbox, this toolbar gives message for registration and update that is already done infact, out sanbox,it is ok.

4. Franklin

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Ya i was not able to add attachement before, edited later. Thanks for the help, I will see that forum. So the mark # means,this application is sandboxed.

6. Franklin

yep,that's how to tell.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Just by chance I found the reason. I have sitehound toolbar installed in IE. It was uptodate but everytime I will open IE in sandbox, Sitehound will ask me to update from day zero, that means it was not working well, it was infact conflcting with sandbox. I uninstalled SiteHound and IE was working fine in sandbox now. I tried many times but no way,... yes, you cannot run SiteHound if you want to use IE in soundbox, otherwise IE will run but no addressbar, no toolbar at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.