Sanboxie DefaultBox > stopped working

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by hangfire, Aug 19, 2017.

1. hangfire

hangfire Registered Member

Hi: Running Sandboxie on Windows 10, it worked initially and last two days DefaultBox > no command is working.

My post for help on Sandboxie forum is pending Moderator review :-0

Can anyone help?

Kind regards

-Makarand

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

hangfire, what you mean, what are you trying to run sandboxed?

Bo

3. hangfire

Am trying to run Internet Explorer in sandbox, which used to run when via DefaultBox > Run Web Browser.

4. bo elam

If you are getting Sandboxie messages when IE fails to run sandboxed, they can give a clue to why IE cant run sandboxed. Are you getting messages?

You can create a new sandbox and try running IE in it. When you create the new sandbox, dont copy settings from existing sandboxes. If the issue has to do with some setting in the DefaultBox, IE should run fine in the new one.

Sandboxie control>Sandbox>Create new sandbox

Bo

5. hangfire

@bo

1. Not getting any error when I try to run IE Sandboxed, that was the default Browser it use to open earlier.
    2. Tried creating a new Sandbox without copying the settings from existing ones; observation is same, it is not starting.

Another observation - when I click terminate programs these two linger Active - mcsacore.exe and saUI.exe for some time.

Kind regards

6. bo elam

When a program, in your case, IE used to run fine under Sandboxie, and all of the sudden, it doesn't anymore, usually this kind of problems are caused by another security program being updated. Even something as simple as updatng virus signatures can break compatibility.

I read your posts at the Sandboxie forum. You said you are using McAfee and Zemana. And the 2 processes that linger in the sandbox are from McAfee AV and McAfee SiteAdvisor, my gut feeling is that one of those programs or both are conflicting with SBIE.

Both of those programs have a pretty bad compatibility record with Sandboxie, specially McAfee SiteAdvisor. I suggest you disable Site advisor to see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, uninstall it. If you still have the problem afterward, try disabling McAfee AV.

Bo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.