Samsung’s Galaxy S6 may have a serious hardware problem that’s unfixable

Discussion in 'hardware' started by lotuseclat79, Mar 6, 2015.

1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Samsung’s Galaxy S6 may have a serious hardware problem that’s unfixable.

-- Tom

2. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I'm not convinced. It says the fault is that Samsung's new phone doesn't register touches at the edges of the screen, and offers a video as evidence, but the video shows it kind of registering these touches as far as my eyes can tell or at least there's a huge amount of black line at the edges apparently caused by touching. Also, it may register an edge touch differently that interior touch on purpose because many apps make use of that. Curious to see Samsung's response.

fwiw, I watched an interesting comparison video on youtube of of S6 vs. iPhone 6+. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMiBwym9QFc

Basically, Samsung has copied some of iPhone's key features and made it's unit very similar to the iphone 6+ in terms of size, weight, and price, but better in terms of hardware in every aspect.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
  3. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

At the comments I saw what "namesib"' posted

I am not an expert on this, but I have seen some cheap chinese oems having the same problem/feature.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.