Samsung RV511

Discussion in 'hardware' started by The Seeker, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Today I received my new laptop which I immediately formatted (I hate the crapware on new systems) and installed my own copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. To my surprise, the wireless card and graphics card were not recognised. I downloaded the NVIDIA drivers using my wife's laptop then tried to install them. It threw up an error saying no compatible card found. I'm at a loss and am considering installing Linux.

Has anyone else had similar problems after buying a new PC/laptop?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. philby

philby Registered Member

You did go here for the NIC?

Try here for the GPU (GeForce 315m?).

Tried through Device Manager or Windows Update (wired connection)?

HTH

philby

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Hi Seeker,
    Yes, with new laptop/pc you will face similar problem. Recently, when I purchased a HP G4 laptop and it came with win 7 home basic installed, like you I wanted to remove the crapware and install win 7 ultimate 64bit. So, I formatted the system and it did not detect my lan, wlan and graphics card. Luckily, I had already downloaded the drivers from HP's website.

I think as new hardware and devices are coming out the pre-configured drivers in windows 7 are no longer working with new devices.

Thanks,
    Ziaul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.