samples sent to ESET

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Football, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football

Football Registered Member

I am using ESET Smart Security 3.0.684.0 and the Virus signature database is 3873 (20090212). However, I am having a problem with my printer. I often print Word documents. But when I turn on my computer again, they are reprinted. It happened to me today again. It has happened and other times but I did not pay attention. My operating system is Windows XP SP3 and I am using MICROSOFT OFFICE XP Professional.
    I sent a log from Sysinspector to samples@eset.com on Thursday 12th of February but I have received NO reply yet and the problem STILL remains.

I also sent the file I downloaded from here http://www.adrive.com/public/fb8c93442c3ddf147937c889fceb65f22f09eac5a553c7a27923522d7f7f6f38 to samples@eset.com on 18th February.
    Both e-mails had the subject "Suspected infection"

Thank you in advance

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The only suspicious file was c:\windows\system32\uaservice7.exe which seems to be a part of SecureROM protection. Otherwise the log looks clean.

3. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

Just because your computer acts funny doesn't always mean a virus.

Anyway presuming you still have the problem and you're running xp try this from start run type in command and this in the dos window.

net stop spooler
    del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.shd
    del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.spl
    net start spooler

Or create a batch file in notepad and save it as spool.bat or spool.cmd if you use cmd instead of command.

4. Football

Football Registered Member

Marcos,
    Thank you for your reply. I have installed no application called SecureRom protection (whatever this is). What is more, I would prefer to have received a reply from the viruslab and not to have to post on this forum to learn the results. Also, what about the second file I have sent?

The Pit,
    Could you please tell me what these commands do?

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

SHD - contains all print jobs awaiting printing.
    SPL - spooler files.

Colin

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Hello, SecuROM comes with some of the latest online games such as COD5, Command and Conquer, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.