samples sent to ESET

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Football, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football

Football Registered Member

I am using ESET Smart Security 3.0.684.0 and the Virus signature database is 3873 (20090212). However, I am having a problem with my printer. I often print Word documents. But when I turn on my computer again, they are reprinted. It happened to me today again. It has happened and other times but I did not pay attention. My operating system is Windows XP SP3 and I am using MICROSOFT OFFICE XP Professional.
    I sent a log from Sysinspector to samples@eset.com on Thursday 12th of February but I have received NO reply yet and the problem STILL remains.

I also sent the file I downloaded from here http://www.adrive.com/public/fb8c93442c3ddf147937c889fceb65f22f09eac5a553c7a27923522d7f7f6f38 to samples@eset.com on 18th February.
    Both e-mails had the subject "Suspected infection"

Thank you in advance

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The only suspicious file was c:\windows\system32\uaservice7.exe which seems to be a part of SecureROM protection. Otherwise the log looks clean.

3. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

Just because your computer acts funny doesn't always mean a virus.

Anyway presuming you still have the problem and you're running xp try this from start run type in command and this in the dos window.

net stop spooler
    del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.shd
    del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.spl
    net start spooler

Or create a batch file in notepad and save it as spool.bat or spool.cmd if you use cmd instead of command.

4. Football

Football Registered Member

Marcos,
    Thank you for your reply. I have installed no application called SecureRom protection (whatever this is). What is more, I would prefer to have received a reply from the viruslab and not to have to post on this forum to learn the results. Also, what about the second file I have sent?

The Pit,
    Could you please tell me what these commands do?

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

SHD - contains all print jobs awaiting printing.
    SPL - spooler files.

Colin

6. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

Hello, SecuROM comes with some of the latest online games such as COD5, Command and Conquer, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.