Sample escalation - 2 days and still no detection

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by selector, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selector

selector Registered Member

So I submitted a file I found on one of my PCs with NOD32 and had no response. Still no detection has been added:

~Virus Total link removed per Policy.~

What is the escalation process?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello selector,

Did you submit the sample by following the procedure below listed in our Knowledgebase?
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141

1. Compress the file(s) into a .zip or .rar archive, and password protect it with the password “infected”.

2. Make a note of this password in the email, attach the zipped file, and email it to samples@eset.com.

3. Use a subject line which clearly states if the attached file contains a suspected infection or a false positive. Also, please include the Customer Care case number if applicable.

4. In the body of the email it is very important to include:
    * Any background information as to where the sample was found
    * Why you think it is malware or a false positive report.
    * If you know that another antivirus company already detects it.
    * If you are reporting a potential false positive, please provide as much information as possible about the source of the software, including the name of the developer, the name and version application and the address of the site from which the file was downloaded.

Taking the above steps will greatly assist our labs in the process of identifying and processing samples. If the issue is not resolved within two days and the matter is urgent, please send a follow-up email message with the following information:

* Subject line of email that was sent to samples@eset.com.
    * Date and time of email
    * Email address you sent it FROM and email address you sent it TO.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. selector

selector Registered Member

Hi Richard,

Yes I followed the steps listed. The only thing I haven't done is the last thing mentioned to do after 2 days.

Should I send my follow-up email with a specific subject?

Thanks.

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

The subject can be "Follow-up to my submission on (date)". Make sure that you include the information listed in my previous post so that the lab can locate your submission. Also, I will send you a PM. Can you please respond to it with the information that I request? I am not located in the same office as the Virus Lab but I would like to try and follow up on this for you.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Looking at the history of tickets, all emails with "password stealer" in the subject have been replied in a timely fashion (from 11 minutes to 3 hours at maximum). The one we received on Feb 17 at about 14:56 was actually replied in 11 minutes since we received it. I've also scanned the files submitted and they are all detected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.