Same update over and over ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Littlemutt, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I keep getting the same update over and over. Has occured 4 times so far. Its the latest update 784 I believe? I had to leave and am posting from work, so can't post the logs, but they state update was downloaded and I see update notices that the latest update was applied.

Any ideas ?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

You will have to post again when your at home. The latest update as of right now is 1.1746 dated 2006 09 08. http://www.eset.com/support/updates.php

3. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

This is quite a well known problem with NOD32.
    It does not happen very often, but when it does, it will most likely come back to normal after next update. Till then, even clean re-install may not help.

Unfortunately, this never happens at Eset, so cannot be corrected.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't think so , cerber .

Littlemutt , you should post more information to help us help you .

This might be that the server you first contacted wasn't updated with the very latest definitions/updates (rarely happens) or something is wrong/corrupted with your NOD32 or internet connection . ;)

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe your registry values keep being reverted to a previous state which makes NOD32 continually download the same update.

6. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

I have had this problem, and posted it.
    It is rare and only happened when there were multiple updates on the same day. When I got home from work and fired up (8 Mb BB) I would sometimes get the same update twice. Nod would correct itself later with the last update, so no real problem.

Marcos
    What would cause that to happen.
    NOD has shown the version in the info panel and then gone and updated to the same version.

As I said no real problem, just an observation.

7. Marcos

I don't know, I'd need to get the Eset registry key along with the content of the eset/updfiles folder when the issue occurs.

8. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

These are the events from the logs:
    Time Module Event User
    9/9/2006 21:51:06 PM Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1746 (20060908 ).
    9/9/2006 20:51:03 PM Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1746 (20060908 ).
    9/9/2006 19:51:02 PM Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1746 (20060908 ).
    9/9/2006 18:51:03 PM Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1746 (20060908 ).
    9/9/2006 17:51:08 PM Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1746 (20060908 ).
    9/9/2006 16:51:01 PM Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1746 (20060908 ).
    9/9/2006 15:52:54 PM Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 1.1746 (20060908 ).

It seems to have stopped updating every hour as the logs show.

I'm using WinXP SP2 fully patched as I just a week or so ago did a full format and re-install.

@Marcos, it could well be this was caused by doing a system restore. My Firefox - Minefield build suddenly would not start without crashing and nothing I could do would correct the problem short of the restore to a prior date, yesterday, well day before now, and all is good again other than the hourly updates, which as I said... have quit.

I've made no changes to the system other than the daily update to Minefield, so if there is something in the registry you want me to look at o_O or... has this value been reset since the updates stopped trying hourly ?

Thanks

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060910 Minefield/3.0a1, Firefox ID:2006091004 [cairo]

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am not Marcos but.... reinstall NOD32 to see if this helps . Follow the instructions :

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 for your correct operating system
    Trial version Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

7) Configure NOD32 as shown here

8 ) Enjoy ! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2006
  10. Marcos

Littlemut, your NOD32 does not update to v. 1.1747 even if you run a manual update?

11. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Thanks for your reply, yes I just tried the 'manual' update and it updated to 1.1747 just fine. Whatever funny-business was going on yesterday seems to have gone away I guess. I will keep an eye out to assure it updates 'automatically' as well.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.