Sage MAS90 CHM file

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fmtost, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmtost

fmtost Registered Member

I've got version 4.20.11 of Sage MAS90 and NOD32 is flagging one of its help files (po.chm) as containing a variant of the Perl/HackTool.Swez trojan. I verified that this is the file that is installed by the MAS90 setup program. Sage seems to be assuming that either the file was infected after installation or that this is a false positive. The person assigned to talk to me with this sent me his version of that file and NOD has no problems with it. Has anyone else seen this and can it be confirmed as either a true virus or as a false positive? I've got version 2.71 of NOD with signature file 3052 (20080424).

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Can you please send a copy of the file in question in a .ZIP or .RAR file protected with a password of "infected" to samples@eset.sk? This will allow the virus lab to examine the file and determine why it is being flagged. Be sure to mention it is a suspect false positive alarm in the Subject: line and include a link to this message thread.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. edscape

edscape Registered Member

I have the same issue with the exact same file was the po.chm submitted and was confirmed as a false positive or real a trojan?

thanks

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You'd better submit the file youself . The thread is too old to expect an answer from the OP .

5. edscape

edscape Registered Member

Thanks I sent the instructions posted by Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.