Sage Instant Accounts v12 - What exclusions

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by alandean, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alandean

alandean Registered Member

I recently installed ESS onto a small buisness network (SBS 2003) and Vista / Windows 7 workstations (ESSinstalled on workstations only!). The users are reporting Sage is very slow. I have seen the post in the NOD32 forum relating to Line 50 and the exclusions list. Is the advice there the same for Instant Accounts on ESS to get them running back up to speed?

TIA

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Worth a try to exclude.

3. S t e v e

S t e v e Registered Member

I'm doing exactly the same thing except I'm using Sage v18 (2012). I'm trying ESET Smart Security as it was recommended as faster than the Symantec Endpoint Protection we had our new Sage Accounts running through.

I found that non of the exclusions made much of a difference in Symantec or ESET. The big difference occured when I disabled the ESET firewall on both the server and clients. Running with the Windows firewall on both seems to speed up Sage quite a bit. Sage is still painfully slow at some opperations but about twice as fast as it was.

Judging by what I've read on varoius forums, Sage is terrible with any anti-virus software.

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.