SafeStart Sandbox!

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by ams963, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi,

Why is it not automatic like Comodo or Avast! autosandboxes? Can I use SafeStart sandbox like Sandboxie? That is sandbox internet facing apps like browser, pdf reader, etc? It seems to me more like Spyshelter's restrict apps feature.

Best Wishes,
    Amit

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

That's correct - it's built more to restrict suspicious applications and watch to see what they're doing than to be used on common applications like Sandboxie.

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

In that case why leave it as manual and not automatic like Comodo and Avast offers? I mean manual means the user will determine which app to sandbox. For general users like me, we tend to sandbox more common apps. We may not have sufficient experience and knowledge to identify suspicious apps. Because when we download apps we consider those safe that's why we download. But if some apps actually appear to be malware, AV catch them in realtime for us or in case of sandbox we scan them with on-demand scanner.

If malware try to download and install themselves we do not see them. AVs catch them or they are left in the sandboxed browser.

In both cases we sandbox common app- browser in the first place. If we do not sandbox browser, and malware tries to execute how are going to determine that it's suspicious and manually sandbox it? Because the symptoms would have been already severe enough to overwhelm us to try to manually sandbox it.

I think you get my point.:)

4. PrevxHelp

WSA already performs automatic sandboxing of untrusted applications transparently on the system. The dedicated sandbox just lets users control it further for specific cases for on-demand use.

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Oh I see. Then it's great. But where's the auto-sandboxing feature? I mean I nothing I found on the interface says autosandboxing or not option to configure auto-sandboxing.

6. PrevxHelp

It's built into several of the behavior monitoring options, and not specifically called out as autosandboxing, but it accomplishes the same thing (with less technical confusion :)).

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Ah great. I love less confusion and less hassle. Thanks for clearing my confusions.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.