SafeSpace Beta 2

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Tidyup, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tidyup

Tidyup Registered Member

Hi all.

I am pleased to announce a new release of SafeSpace Beta - version 1.2.33.0.

This release addresses a number of issues which were identified in the first beta, and includes additional functionality to improve usability in the console and better debugging of compatibility issues.

We have also reduced the overall size of the download and streamlined the installation process. Please see the release notes (once installed) for more information.

The new version can be downloded HERE.

As before, you can contact our support team with any issues, or just to feedback your opinion by using our online feedback form.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who gave time to evaluating our first beta, and those gave feedback on their SafeSpace experience.

As always, your continuing feedback is greatly appreciated, as this helps our developers at Artificial Dynamics to make SafeSpace a better product.

SafeSpace is completely free for personal use, so please give it a try!

Best regards,

Kris.

Artificial Dynamics.

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

The Screenshots look interesting.
    The reduced download size helps.:thumb:
    I'll try it.

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Impressive to see that the download has shrunk from 30MB to 10 since the last version.
    With the last version I had problems in Vista where the browser just froze when I started them. With this release I can browse without problems, almost. Sometimes Firefox just crashes inside safespace, it simply disappears from memory.
    I cant use Roboform extension inside safespace, but I guess that is not a bug but by design and I have to put roboform inside safespace somehow? Other extensions seems to work fine.

I cant install a program inside safespace, but I guess that is also by design?

I would love a sandbox that lets me install something and then when I choose I could let it out of the sandbox with a push of a button.

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

This program needs NET Framework to install and run.
    At some point I may d/l and install that,but not unless I have to.

Sukarof,
    I don't think you can install programs inside a sandbox.

5. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

hello kris, is there anyway to find out what was changed/updated between this version and the last version? the reason i ask is, i put safespace through some non-destructive tests in this thread here :
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1052982&postcount=23

i just downloaded this recent version of safespace and it still seems to fail the same tests mentioned here :
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1053032&postcount=27

it's still performing the same in tests 1, 4 and 5 (i haven't tested it yet against 6).

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Perhaps it´s better than BufferZone, but I just don´t see how this apps is going to beat Sandboxie, especially when it comes to resource usage. I mean SBIE offers about the same but uses less resources and starts up way faster. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.