SafeOnline and Roboform2Go

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by nrestell, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrestell

nrestell Registered Member

Hi,

I have noticed that my Roboform2Go toolbar doesn't appear in IE8 when I have SafeOnline enabled. It works with Firefox but not IE. When I disable SafeOnline and open IE then I get my toolbar so it must be SafeOnline that is disabling it.

Is this a known problem?

I have Windows 7 64bit and PrevX 3.0.5.50 installed.

Regards,
    Neil

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    I suspect this is SafeOnline blocking Roboform from accessing the browser process' memory. Could you try changing the SafeOnline configuration from Maximum to High and then reopening your browser?

This should let Roboform integrate itself in but if not, let me know and I'll try myself on a Win7 x64 PC here :)

3. nrestell

Thanks PrevXHelp,

Turning down to High did indeed fix the issue. However, what security am I missing out on turning it down?

Neil

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Great! This disables only the browser screen protection, which now allows Roboform the ability to access the browser's window. As for actual security implications - screen grabbers are relatively low risk threats: keyloggers/stored credential stealers and a few dozen other types of threats will still be fully blocked by SafeOnline.

Our screengrabber protection within Prevx 3.0 is also quite strong so you are covered via multiple layers (and screen grabbers are likely to also try and log keystrokes so they'll be caught when they do that also :))

5. nrestell

Thanks for the explanation!

Great software! ;)

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.