SafeBytes Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PEllis, Oct 6, 2016.

1. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Anyone know anything about this anti-virus? The UI looks similar to SpyHunter. Also, both products have similar features like "Spyware HelpDesk."

http://safebytes.com/

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It's a while since I used it. From memory, it may have been using Vipre signatures (although it may be Bitdefender signatures). It is a very basic antivirus with not many options, and not even worth trying, in my opinon.

They publish some other programs too. A registry/junk cleaner which is nothing special, and a driver updater which actually has a very large database of drivers.

3. PEllis

PEllis Guest

4. Oximoronman

Oximoronman Registered Member

Is it free? And why you put this screenshot of SpyHunter?

5. roger_m

As far as I know, it's just a case of both companies choosing to use the name Spyware HelpDesk.

Edit: I just checked the descriptions they both provide for Spyware HelpDesk, and they both quite different. In SpyHunter, diagnostic information is sent to them, whereas in Safebytes, it's just a way to create a support ticket.

6. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Maybe it's just me. When I first downloaded SafeBytes AV I immediately saw the resemblance. Even the .exe is the same.

spyhunter-installer.exe
    safebytes-installer.exe

7. PEllis

PEllis Guest

You have to pay to remove threats and get full functionality, like SpyHunter.

8. PEllis

PEllis Guest

The entire UI is similar, not just Spyware HelpDesk. You can send support tickets in the Spyware HelpDesk for SpyHunter as well.

In addition, the settings for SpyHunter and SafeBytes are the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016
  9. roger_m

I just compared the settings screen for both programs and they are very similar. But, I think that is where the similarity ends. Safebytes is a full antivirus whereas SpyHunter is more like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Also, SpywareHunter actually detects Total System Care from Safebytes as a PUP.

10. PEllis

PEllis Guest

@roger_m I understand the differences in products. I'm just talking about the UI, as it's clearly taken from SpyHunter. Anyway, I have contacted Enigma Software about this.

11. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Why would you do that? They are a very very douchy company

12. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

It looks a bit fishy to me. But what does the "System Guard" monitor exactly?

13. PEllis

PEllis Guest

I want to know if they are aware of it.

https://safebytes.com/systemguard-learnmore/

14. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

Not mentioned on their website. I would never try it just because of this.

15. compleo

compleo Registered Member

Is not all paid programs the same, you pay for AV x.y, or z & they protect & remove for money.

16. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.