SafeBoot with ATI v9 Clone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CorbaGuy, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorbaGuy

CorbaGuy Registered Member

I been using ATI v9 for over a year on my laptop cloning to a new 2nd bay drive in the event of a primary drive failure. It has saved my butt a few times and was able to ge my system back up and running with the clone in under 30minutes.

Now the issue: recently "SAFEBOOT" was installed on the computer laptop and when you do a normal boot, you need to put in a UID PW to unlock the primary disk and continue to the boot. System comes up as normal.

On my normal weekly cloning process I clone the drive to my 2nd bay and all clones as usual and successfully completes.

I then needed to completely restore my primary drive with my cloned drive and get this error message that SAFEBOOT is corupt and is not giving me the screen to unlock the disk.

What could have happened? Does Safeboot do someting to put the primary and 2nd drive out of sync and the cloning process is just doing the copy?

How do I get around this? I am using the latest version of ATI 9.

Thanks

2. CorbaGuy

Does any one else have SAFEBOOT on their system?

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Suggest you talk to the SAFEBOOT people and find out what the restrictions are concerning cloned drives. They are the ones who will know about any peculiarities.

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Are you doing the Cloning from within Windows or using the bootable Rescue CD? Try the bootable cd if you haven't.

5. CorbaGuy

I am trying to do the clone within windows. So after the laptop boots and windows is running I execute the ATI v9 and let it do its clone.

My computer is a LapTop XP Pro, and never had an issue until that SafeBoot was installed.
    I guess I can try the booting from the Rescue CD and using a USB target drive.
    Before SafeBoot, all I did was boot the machine and have my module bay loaded with my target drive which made cloning a piece of cake, then remove the drive for storage safty and reinsert my CD module drive.

6. CorbaGuy

Does any one else have SAFEBOOT on their system?

If so, any ATI 9.0 issues?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.