Safe to use AntiHook?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Comp01, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Forgive me for this, however I don't feel like reading through the pages of replies on the AntiHook topic, so I was wondering, is it safe to use and clean? Also - I know it is not as good as Process Guard, but it is better than nothing - correct?

2. ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D Guest

So far I don't have any reason to believe it isn't safe. But I suppose it really depends on what you mean by "safe".

Not sure I follow what you mean by "clean". Clean what? You mean to clean up your system with programs like Ccleaner? Or clean as in spyware/malware scans? Because if your talking about the former it should be ok.

I would say it's definitely better than nothing, and no not quite as good as PG full, but it does seem to be catching up. Unless your taking about PG free. Used together, PG free and AH both make a very nice team, and would be similar to using just PG pay version on it's own.

I think you should read the AH thread though, it is very informative, and you may learn some more about the program. I would think anyone who is going to be using a new program would want to learn as much as possible about it first. I would anyway.

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Comp01,

Usually I wait for security products like these to have a forum that I might converse with other users and share experiences. I usually can get a good feel for a product and company (e.g. support) once such a forum is set up. For example, I picked up lots of good information on Prevx on their forum, and at the end decided not to use it. Kaspersky's forum is great as are those on Wilders.

At this time, I do not think there is such a forum for Anti-Hook which is why I am deferring any trial with the product. I usually like to see a good amount of user activity before I put any security product on my system.

Cya,
    Rich

4. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I was using AntiHook2 for awhile and it worked great. I did a format the other day and just never got it put back on yet, but it was fine for the couple of weeks I had it running.

5. What i don't like is you have to install the .net framework to use the program and it is possible, knowing Windows, that .net installer could have new flaws that would allow you to be hacked or open up other ways to be exploited. I think the less Windows components you have installed the better IMO.

But who knows maybe AntiHook would protect you from the very flaws that .net framework has opened on your system, if any were opened. Then again, maybe .net framework would not ever have any flaws. Call me paranoid but i tend to believe everything in Windows will eventually be discovered to have flaws, at one time or another, so that's why i don't like to install anymore Windows components than is absolutely necessary.

If someone has information that the .net framework is bulletproof, I would really like to hear about it.

6. Arup

Arup Guest

Been using it since its first release, no safety issues whatsoever.

7. beetlejuice69

I reinstalled mine yesterday and it`s running fine without a hitch.

8. Arup

Arup Guest

9. beetlejuice69

Oops, I made a mistake. Mine`s 2.5 also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.