Safe online banking & shopping - they say.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AaLF, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Just about all Internet Security suites and a few 'paid' AVs offer nowadays "Safe online banking & shopping" as a feature.

How do they 'do it' and if its such a growth feature nowadays where just about every ISS is offering it, where are the stand alone equivalents for those who don't use Security suites?

Yeah. I know you're gonna say Prevx. But it should be as common as a registry cleaner or PC optimizer shouldn't it?

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Every product is somewhat different so I think you will need to be more specific to get answers about "how they do it". More importantly you need to read the fine print about this claim - I expect there are disclaimers. I don't believe there are any protection mechanisms unique to online banking. If you look closely at an ISS you can duplicate the functionality with standalone apps.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

My only question is why do you need a security suite/program to be "safe" in online banking/shopping? The only dangers are phishing websites and keyloggers, both of which can easily fool a security app and both of which should be checked for long before you even log in to a secure website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.