Safe n Secure and ZoneAlarm

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by richrf, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi all,

Anyone running Safe n Secure with ZoneAlarm?

Everytime I install SnS, I get a message from ProcessGuard, following start-up, that a change has been detected in ZoneAlarm. This has happened three times. Anyone have a similar experience? Can anyone explain this? This event only occurs after I install SnS. It didn't happen, for example, when I installed RegDefend.

Rich

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Rich

WHen they updated to SnS 1.1 I never got it to work with Zone Alarm. They found some incompatibility and are working on it. I presume I will hear from them when they find it, but haven't as of yet. That's why I am running Prevx.

Pete

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info. I will watch for updates to this issue. I have to say it was a bit curious to have ZoneAlarm detected as "changed' after installing SnS. For now, I will wait and see how the product matures.

BTW, do you get that "ghostly" image on your screen from Prevx (the licensed version) when you restart. I got it when I was trying to trial it, and another user on a different thread encountered the same "issue?"

Cya,
    Rich

4. Peter2150

Hi Rich

I never saw any change with Zone Alarm. Just the SnS would hang and freeze the computer. Gotta admit it was secure that way. :D

Pete

5. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Hey Pete

Never knew Safe-n-sec had an incompatibility with Zonealarm. That'd explain why my comp froze on reboot every time I tried to trial it.

After reading some of the tests on it, I've decided to wait until it matures before I trial it again.

6. Peter2150

Hi Vikorr

That was exactly the problem I had. Computer would freeze up during the log on process.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.