SA.dat File

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Snook, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snook

Snook Registered Member

Does anyone know what a SA.dat file is and what might be the owning process? TDS-3 picks it up as an ADS (executable). It's size is 6 bytes.

2. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

I was wandering what it was aswell as RegWatcher sees it in the "C:\WINDOWS\Tasks" folder along with desktop.ini,but if you have a look they're not there.
    Maybe it's the Add Scheduled Task thingy?

3. Snook

Snook Registered Member

Then it's probably to do with Norton Anti-virus since it's the only program I have scheduled to run. Thanks.

4. Graphic Equaliser

Graphic Equaliser Registered Member

SA.DAT is a file that stores scheduler task information. Its date changes at PC startup, and any time new tasks are scheduled. If you have scheduled tasks, they will have file entries in this directory with an invisible .JOB extension on the name of the task. Every time one of these .JOB files is run, the file is updated to the current time and date, which can cause MJRW to alert, unless you add the scheduled job filenames to the Exempt Keys and Filespecs list (under the options menu). For example, I have these 2 entries in mine to prevent alerts from running these tasks :-

%windir%tasks\pick the kids up.job
    %windir%tasks\incremental bcb source code backup.job

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.