S/n keeps disappearing

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by WilliamP, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

What is the problem .I have LooknStop on both computers. On this computer it has started popping up with the S/N blank . I put the number in and Validate but it seems to forget. What do I need to do?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the code will be different for each computer and thus the serial number too. do u have the right number?

3. WilliamP

I am using the correct code. I don't understand why it goes away. Right now it is staying.

4. StriderSkorpion

StriderSkorpion Registered Member

What WSFuser is talking about is box labeled Code on the Register tab. The code it lists can't be changed and is unique to each computer. The serial number only works with the one code, hence why you can only validate the one.

5. WilliamP

On my post I should have said S/N instead of code. Since I bought L&S I have had to reinstall my S/N several times. It isn't a big concern ,just don't know why.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My serial number of LnS, disappeared also several times, although everything was legal and paid. :D
    I don't know how I fixed it, but the disappearance ended, when I copy/pasted my serial number again and REBOOTED immediately after that.

I installed LnS later on again for another reason and I did the same thing with my serial number + reboot and it worked again.
    I don't have any technical or intelligent explanation for this, I only used my natural intuition to survive. :D

7. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Assuming you aren’t restoring from backup, and your code still the same and you required to re-validate your license

1.) Two or more FRESH / UNCONFIGURED instances of Look ‘n’ Stop
    2.) Booting time frame on Looknstop application load at startup (thus also would show entirely pre-set settings that makes you think Look ‘n’ Stop lost all custom changes)
    3.) Changing between user accounts and using different user privileges

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.