rvsmon.exe memory use

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by jima, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jima

jima Registered Member

I have read some other posts about the use of memory when the antivirus, communications, check for updates, etc. are all turned off. It is still not clear to me why rvsmon.exe is using 14000K of memory when all the real time portions of the program are turned off and system safe is not activated. What is using the memory and is there a way to turn it off?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Jima,
    What version and build of RVS are you using? (Main screen > About)

Thanks
    Mike

3. jima

jima Registered Member

Mike, thanks for the reply. I had the latest version from the web site (2010). I'm afraid I uninstalled it since I posted. I guess I was having a problem with the bloat. I had returnil 2008 free and liked it very much but it "expired" and I could not re-install it. In the 2010 version I had 2 exe's that combined were using approx. 25,000K of memory. That is just too much for me. I am now trying sandoxie. Its resource usage Is more appropriate to how I intend to use the program. Unfortunately I don't think the current direction of development of returnil suits my purposes.

4. Coldmoon

Hi jima,
    Would you like to try the Labs version?

Mike

5. jima

jima Registered Member

What would the labs version be? Are you referring to 2008? Is the installer designed to not work after a year? The reason I ask is that even though I was using the 2008 free version I got a message that stated that my trial period had expired, and when I tried to re-install with the .exe I had saved it would not start. Also if I remember right, somewhere in the 2010 free version there was a reference to an expiration date a year from the date of install. So is it true that the program is "free for one year" and then you must update to the newer version (if one is available) at that time?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  6. Coldmoon

That is a strange result for the 2008 personal edition as uninstalling the client and then reinstalling it from the original installation setup file should result in a new, valid license for that version. With 2010, the period should be 2 years.

The version I am referring to regarding trying a bets is the Labs version which is without AV/AM and more like RVS 2008 but requires a valid Serial Number to activate.

Mike

7. appzman

appzman Registered Member

Hi Coldmoon,

sorry to interrupt,
    Could you please let me try the "lab version" ?
    I just filled out the extensive Returnil un-install 2010 questionaire feedback form and would be very interested in 2010 version without antivirus and maybe a option for " Exclusive Memory caching" like 2008 version.

Kind regards
    appzman

ps, oh and a progress feature on " Disk save" (on windows shutdown) otherwise people could think windows has " Hung" :)

8. Coldmoon

See your PM

9. appzman

appzman Registered Member

Thanks Coldmoon, Much Appreciated and will give feedback on the labs version etc.

Regards

appzman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.