RVS 2010 = NO

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by StevieO, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

I think we can safely say that RVS 2010 is generally a " bit " poorly !

System Restore failure issues havn't been sorted out, why not ? as this a VERY serious matter.

Vista Defragging problems still there ?

After happily using RVS 2008 for several months, i was forced to uninstall it from both XP + Vista PC's due to the above issues.

So i'm sorry to see that after being aware of the above for some time, Returnil could release a new version that has not FULLY addressed all the above.

I think RVS 2010 should be recalled until such a time when it's been thoroughly tested.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Not sure about System Restore issues, since I never have it on.

But as to the defragging issue, I did test it for Mike, albeit under XP. It did work fine, but you might not realize what's happening.

When you start a defragger running while RVS 2010 protection is on the defragger runs, and actually appears to be working normally, BUT, it is only doing reads and not writes, so it runs taking almost the regular time it needs, but doesn't actually do anything.

While this implementation wasn't what I was expecting, it never the less did infact work. The system was fine afterwards.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.