RVS 2010 lux deleted all restore points (Vista)

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by leofelix, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leofelix

leofelix Registered Member

Hi all
    First, thank you so much: I recieved my free RETURNIL 2010 lux license via facebook as I'm a RETURNIL fan:D

I installed it yesterday on my laptop running Vista Home premium SP 2 (32 bit) and all my restore points were deleted once rebooted.

Any idea?

I first uninstalled RETURNIL 2008 free, then installed RVS 2010 lux.

Other issues I faced are:
    1) Impossible to update antivirus included
    2) Large amount of CPU

Other security software installed on my HP laptop with Vista Home premium are (Intel Dual Core - 4 GB DDR2 RAM - 250 HDD 5.200 rpm)
    1) ESET Smart Security 4.0
    2) Winpatrol plus 2009
    3) MalwareBytes' Antimalware (full paid)
    4) Windows Defender (I deactivated real time protection)
    5) JavaCool SpywareBlaster 4.2

I use Perfect Disk pro 10 too

Thank you in advance

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi leofelix and welcome to the forums :)

That should not be an issue today. Are you saying that you tried to update the AV today and were not able to do so or that this is a report regarding issues experienced over the last 4 days?

For most, this should already be fixed as of today. For those who are still having issues after today, a new build will be released next week with a client side correction that should provide immediate relief. It is currently in testing.

This is a known issue and will be corrected as quickly as possible. We highly recommend installing some form of complete PC imaging solution as an essential emergency tool in your kit (daughter spills sippy cup on your new laptop, you put the LP in the microwave instead of the frozen dinner while distracted by a call from your boss, etc).

Mike

3. leofelix

leofelix Registered Member

Hi and thank you for your welcome and quick reply:)

At present antivirus update seems to work (even if I disabled real time module included).
    I live in Italy, so I suppose there are some differences with time table, sorry.

In relationship with "restore points" issue, it is not a real problem for me, I have a restore disc and I make backup copies every month.

Just a question:
    Will every restore point be deleted at every reboot?
    (I created a new restore point right now and I rebooted and it doesn't seem deleted).

Cheers:D

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

That is part of what is being investigated. Some restore points can be lost while others remain or even reappear at a future time.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.