RVS 2008 on Windows 7 64-bit

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Firebytes, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Hopefully Coldmoon will see this and answer but if not maybe one of you other knowledgeable members will know...can Returnil Virtual System 2008 be ran and work properly on Windows 7 64-bit?

I just got a Win 7 system and tried the newest free Returnil version and didn't like it, plus the icon would never change color like it should when going in and out of Virtual Mode.

So I either want to install the 2008 version or go without Returnil.

Thanks

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I believe the system requirements for RVS 2008 are as follows: Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP/ 2003 Server/ Vista 32-bit

Assuming that is correct, I would think that it won't run on Windows 7 64-bit.

If you really don't like the latest RVS then you could take a look at Shadow Defender. It is a similar type of application to RVS and is Windows 7 64-bit compatible.

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    RVS 2008 is not compatible with 64-bit, but RVS Lite 2011 and RVS Pro 2011 are compatible. I chose both of these alternatives in my answer as they are the closest to the old 2008 line in feature sets.

Lite will require a 5 seat minimum purchase, but is the closest to 2008 as far as the GUI is concerned while RVS Pro 2011 is the new strict virtualization only version which can be purchased with single seating.

Mike

4. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Thanks Coldmoon and pegr. I appreciate the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.