Running standalone version in pure MS-DOS?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dreael, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreael

dreael Registered Member

I tested the evaluation copy of TrueImage 10 Home today inside a VMware environment. Currently, I am using DriveImage 2002 (a competitor product) inside a LAN manager MS-DOS start floppy environment i.e. it's standard MS-DOS 6.22 which makes NET USE to my server drive and then invokes PQDI.EXE via BAT file. This solution still works well but will be not longer compatible when Microsoft releases Windows Vista with its modified NTFS file system. Because there is no further development for PQDI.EXE, I am looking for a new solution.

Because of the problematic of new hardware and RAID controllers, I wish to keep the existing MS-DOS environment but just invoking PROG2.EXE(?) instead PQDI.EXE from the BAT file.

During my examination of the nine rescue floppies there is a file called BOOTWIZ.CFG which seems to be something like a AUTOEXEC.BAT. It pointed me to RAMDISK.EXE. But when I try to extract any files, I only get an error message about a required Acronis bootloader.

Does anybody know a way how to extract this Y:\ drive (content of these BOOTDTx.BIN files)?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello dreael,

Not sure whether you are aware of it but when you boot from the bootable rescue floppies or CD and start the "Full" version of TI 10.0 Home you enter a Linux environment, not DOS. The "Safe" version utilises a version of DOS (not MS-DOS) plus your motherboard's BIOS routines to access the hardware.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.