Running NOD32 with Kaspersky AV, good idea?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by R2D2, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R2D2

R2D2 Registered Member

Yes, I know that it's emphasized to not run multiple antiviruses together, but these two are getting along together on my PC, Win 98 :D I was able to install and run NOD32 even though I already had Kaspersy on my machine. Both use very low resources so there's no problem there.

Can one AV operate alongside another if one has a faster detection rate than the other to avoid conflict? I have found throughout this forum that some are using two AVs together. It seems that certain groups of two (or maybe more) AV programs get along together - yet others not. I wonder if it has to do with the differences in their detection rates and/or compatibility - (not considering bogging down resources.) If you can run a few Anti-Spyware together, why not with AVs?

2. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I have been using KAV6's RTM at the same time as NOD32's IMON perfectly fine. Probably more so, since the components are built to not overlap in their own products. Now running both products in their entirety is probably asking for trouble.

3. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

It's never a good practice to run two scanners in realtime. You'll bump into trouble one of these days. Why not just trusting one good AV running in realtime and use the other as on-demand.
    If you run either Nod32 or Kav, you wouldn't need a second scanner in realtime, as either one is just enough!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Running two antivirus monitors will cause problems sooner or later.
    Using one or the other is enough IMO.

5. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

That's what I said! ;)

6. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I'm just agreeing with ya'.

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Running NOD32 with Kaspersky AV, good idea?

answer: no no no, its not a good idea.

8. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Why do so many people seem to want more than one(good) av on their system?Some may run together but its doubtful protection is improved very much,so the hassle(probable hassle!)isn't worth it

9. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I do not understand the reasoning for two different antiviruses or multiple security applications, that basically do the same thing, on one computer. Nod32 or Kav/Kis 6, would be more then adequate protection on their own.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It would be interesting to see what happens if you encounter a trojan and both Av's running in real time go for it. You might have a larger headache than the trojan would have given you.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.