Running ATI from command line interface

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bisel, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bisel

bisel Registered Member

I have ATI Home edition ... so far it is doing what I want and I find it to be a good product. Saved my bacon already.

But, I have not found any documentation on how to run ATI from a command line interface. Let me tell you what I would like to do ...

I have two disks that I want to create seperate images, C: and D: On scheduled basis, I want to kick off Imaging of Drive C and then Imaging of Drive D: Weekly perform full image, daily perform incremental image. Now, it is easy to see how to do this using the built in scheduler in ATI, but it seems to me that I have make sure that one job is complete before starting the second. To do that I start job 1 at say 02:00 AM and job 2 at 02:30 am ... hoping that job 1 is complete before job 2 starts. So I have two questions ...

If I schedule job 1 for 2:00 am and job 2 at say 2:01 am, will this cause problem with either job.

Second, the above proposed solution is a bit of a kluge. It would be much better if I could create a script or batch file that would issue a command to run the first job and then start the second immediately after completion of that job. For example, ATI creates a script of sorts for each scheduled job. Is it possible to use that script and let Windows Scheduled Task manager run the job?

I believe it is in the user's best interest to provide the command line interface so schedules could be created using batch files that would include the ability to perform parallel or serial tasks that otherwise could not be performed using the ATI scheduler.

Steve B.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bisel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image will not start another scheduled task until the previous task is finished. In you case the second task will not start until the first task if finished. Therefore, no task confilct is possible, both task will be executed one-by-one.

You could also you pre/post commands of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to perform this actions and any commands supported by Windows command line interface or enter a path to the batch file written in terms of standard Windows scripting rules (see this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article for details).

You could use the procedure described in this thread to find the latest Acronis True Image log file and check it's contents (text) in order to find out whether the backup archive validation was performed successfully or not. Then perform the appropriate actions depending on results of the backup archive validation.

You can find more information about pre/post command in Chapter 5.3.3 "Pre/post commands" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.