rundll32.exe - Entry point Not Found

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by ITPF, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ITPF

ITPF Registered Member

Hi every one,

I have the following error when i right click on my computer

"The procedure entry point Remote Assistance prepare system restore could not be in the dynamic link library Winsta.dll"

and is this due to which i m unable to access my internal server?

I m confused!:blink: could some body help!

Thank you in advance,

ITPF

2. ITPF

ITPF Registered Member

Re: rundll32.exe - Entry point Not Found - solution

OK i found the solution here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832323

Restart the computer in safe mode:
    a. Restart your computer. While your computer is starting, repeatedly press the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured to run under multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot menu appears.
    1. Restart the computer in safe mode:

Restart your computer. While your computer is starting, repeatedly press the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured to run under multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot menu appears.

When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select an option, and then press ENTER.

When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in blue at the bottom of the screen, select the installation that you want to start, and then press ENTER.

2. Open My Computer, and then open the C:\Windows\INF folder.
    3. Right-click the sr.inf file, and then click Install.
    4. When the installation process has completed, restart the computer.When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select an option, and then press ENTER.
    c. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in blue at the bottom of the screen, select the installation that you want to start, and then press ENTER.
    2. Open My Computer, and then open the C:\Windows\INF folder.
    3. Right-click the sr.inf file, and then click Install.
    4. When the installation process has completed, restart the computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.