Rundll problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by STMayes559, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STMayes559

STMayes559 Registered Member

Every time i start my computer i get HUNDREDS of Rundll errors, saying that certain files are missing and on the top in the blue bar it just says Rundll, then when i open my task manager i have hundreds have Rundll32.exe processes running what should i do, should i end these process? how to I repair the files that keep popping up saying error every boot up, my anti-virus doesn't detect a thing

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

It may relate to malware?

Try a scan with Malwarebyte's first up.

3. STMayes559

i had a good bit of malware 34 if i remeber correctly, it was all removed but i still have a tone of Runddl32.exe in my process do i terminate or keep?

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I would terminate your entire system, and reformat fresh. No telling if you got it all or if you'll ever know...

5. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

STMayes559, Kerodo is right in that a format/reinstall would probably be the best option.

If you would like to try further repairing you could post a Hijackthis log in a forum which can help.

BleepingComputer seems pretty good.

Have a look in the Security subforum - HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal and follow the instructions there.

6. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Try a-squared as well. In guest test it found a lot of malware and had good removal.

7. STMayes559

the message says

Error Loading C:\Documents and Settings\ <user name>\Application data\c00E6841.mat

The specified module could not be found

it says that 482190312890321890 of times all with a different code at the end

8. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

If you ever fix it or reformat and the system is stable,first thing to do : get yourself immediately an imaging solution,it saved me few times when i messed up badly,all it takes a few minutes to put an image back and to start fresh without worries. :)

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Seems some malware files removed but registry enteries left over. Try autorun and delete these but if I am in ur place, I will refprmat or do a repair install of OS.

10. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I second that. I just got infected with Real Antivirus malware. Rather than worry about getting all that crap of my machine, I jst restored a clean image and was back to work in 20 minutes:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.