Run Time Error '75' - Path/File Access Error

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by arshareef, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arshareef

arshareef Registered Member

When I run SpywareBlaster, I get a Run Time Error '75', Path/File Access Error which I didn't get before. How do I correct this problem?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What programs have you installed or updated since you last ran SpywareBlaster?

In particular, have you installed or used any:
    -anti-spyware programs
    -browsers
    -other security programs

Also, what version of Windows are you running?

Thanks,

-Javacool

3. Hi,
    I having this problem, after using spybot, the error is always appears from start-up, and stays on the computer, even after pressing ok.
    I am using XP home.
    What can I do to get rid of it?
    Thanks

4. fenan

fenan Guest

same problem here - after using SpyBot (lastest update), it corrected 28 new problems and I've got this Run-time error number 75, even If I push ok or not.

5. fenan

fenan Guest

windows 2000 sp4 here

6. javacool

Hi,

While I cannot duplicate the error here, upcoming changes in SpywareBlaster 3.3 may help prevent it from occuring. :)

Keep a look out for that new version.

EDIT: A question for anyone affected - do you have Mozilla or Firefox installed? And what version of Spybot are you using - the 1.3 final or the new 1.4 beta?

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. javacool

Hi,

Actually, I was just able to duplicate the error.

Are any of you running SpywareBlaster on a limited account, or an account other than the one that was used to install it?

Thanks,

-Javacool

8. Anon

Anon Guest

Same thing happened to me, after running SpySweeper, this started popping up and keeps coming up after I push ok or close.

9. javacool

So, this error message appears when starting SpywareBlaster only?

Also, what version of Windows are you running, and are you running on an administrator account?

Could you please check whether or not you have write privileges to the files in question? Namely the SpywareBlaster database files (sbdatabase.dtb and others) in your SpywareBlaster directory? (To do this: right-click on sbdatabase.dtb, as an example, and click on the "Security" tab - then click through the various categories to determine what accounts and users have write access to those files.)

Thanks! :)

-Javacool

10. javacool

Also, to anyone affected by this error, please provide the following information:

-Version of Windows you are running
    -The type of account you tried running SpywareBlaster on (administrator or limited)
    -Whether this error appears right when SpywareBlaster opens (if not, what time - screenshots would be great, if you can capture them! :)), or if it happens even when you don't try starting SpywareBlaster.
    -Whether you have AutoUpdate for SpywareBlaster.
    -Whether you can access the folder C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster (try browsing to it) and whether you have access to the definition files in that folder
    -The definition dates and version numbers of whatever other anti-spyware programs you have (ex. Spybot 1.3, Definitions --/--/2004, or SpySweeper 3.5, Definitions -----)

Thanks!

-Javacool

11. ok,
    -XP Home.
    -Administrator account.
    -I can open spywareblaster anytime, and it works perfectly. The error still comes up from when I turn the computer on, until I turn the computer off, I just have to put up with it.
    -Yes I have AutoUpdate.
    -I can access C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster.
    -I have spybot 1.3, last update 2004-12-17.
    Thanks,

12. Oh, and I AM using firefox 1.0.

13. javacool

Hi,

Can you do me a quick favor and try running AutoUpdate in two different ways?

First, try opening it by browsing to the Start Menu and then the "SpywareBlaster" folder, and choosing "SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate Configuration" - does it open properly, without an error?

If yes, then please try browsing to wherever you installed SpywareBlaster - in this case, probably C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster - and double-click on the executable "sbautoupdate.exe". This should start AutoUpdate in its "updating" mode (i.e. silent, as it is when you start your computer) and within a minute you should see a sliding window in the very corner of your screen that tells you you are up-to-date. :) Let me know if an error appears at any point during this procedure.

Thanks!

-Javacool

14. No, the error pops up when I start-up the computer, not when I start the auto-updater. Could the error be related to any other program on the computer?
    I have tried the two ways of updating.

Thanks.

15. javacool

Hi,

If that's the case, SpywareBlaster is not the cause here. :)

(Although, unfortunately, I haven't a clue what is. But we've ruled one thing out.)

Could you post a HijackThis log to this thread, for troubleshooting purposes? Thanks! (Some basic instructions on how to do so are here: http://computercops.biz/postt911.html You may certainly feel free to post in that forum, where experts can take a look at your log to see if you have any baddies, but I'd also like to see a copy of it here, to try to figure out what's causing that error on your system. :))

And if, at any point, you do end up figuring out what's causing that error - please do let us know. Thanks again!

Best regards,

-Javacool

16. Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.0
    Scan saved at 11:03:06, on 28/12/2004
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Ati2evxx.exe
    c:\windows\system32\explorer.exe
    c:\windows\explorer.exe
    c:\windows\system32\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTSvcCDA.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\LckFldService.exe
    C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskswitch.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Nicholas\Local Settings\Temp\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    c:\windows\rundll32.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Nicholas\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://web.sxbvnaitjoiolztujvcx.biz/DdJ...u56jC.html
    F0 - system.ini: Shell=
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Userinit.exe,
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X74-X75] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CoolSwitch] C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskswitch.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Axis army drv inside] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\axis atom axis army\warnbore.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-aware] "C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\Ad-aware.exe" +c
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMSystem] c:\windows\rundll32.exe "c:\windows\system32\mmsystem.dll"", RunDll32
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Documents and Settings\Nicholas\Local Settings\Temp\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe" -win
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /WinStart
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MMSystem] c:\windows\rundll32.exe "c:\windows\system32\mmsystem.dll"", RunDll32
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\\Steam.exe -silent
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O4 - Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk.disabled
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: D-Link AirPlus.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk.disabled
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Use as &Display Picture - C:\Program Files\IEDP2\IEDP.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {9819CC0E-9669-4D01-9CD7-2C66DA43AC6C} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra button: Money Viewer - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Me...Client.cab
    O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://www.installengine.com/engine/isetup.cab
    O16 - DPF: {AB29A544-D6B4-4E36-A1F8-D3E34FC7B00A} - http://install.wildtangent.com/bgn/part...nstall.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMe...loader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://www.popcap.com/games/popcaploader_v6.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E855A2D4-987E-4F3B-A51C-64D10A7E2479} (EPSImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/activex/EP...-0-3-0.cab

17. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

yourcodenameisnick,

You definetly have issues and hopefully the good folks at CastleCops will be able to fix you up in no time. They are one of the more busier cleaning Forums....so patience is one of the things they ask.

a few examples:
    c:\windows\system32\explorer.exe
    c:\windows\explorer.exe
    c:\windows\system32\IEXPLORE.EXE

18. javacool

Yep - you might want to try the following free web-based anti-virus scanner, just to see if it picks anything up.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

If it does, I'd highly recommend posting a new HijackThis log, of course. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

19. Hi,
    Thanks for the link and the advice, panda found 5 virus.

Incident Status Location

Virus:W32/Funner.A.worm Disinfected Operating system
    Virus:W32/Funner.A.worm Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\rundll32.exe
    Virus:W32/Funner.A.worm Renamed C:\WINDOWS\system32\explorer.exe
    Virus:W32/Funner.A.worm Renamed C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEXPLORE.EXE
    Virus:W32/Funner.A.worm Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit32.exe

This is the outcome.
    Thanks.

20. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

You also have a LOP hijack that is due to messenger plus

the only easy way to cure that version of lop is uninstall messenger plus and when it prompts you to also uninstall the sponsor program

then if you must have the messenger plus reinstall it but this time select the option without sponsor program or you will be right back at the start again

21. javacool

Hi,

Well that's a good start, although it's no guarantee there aren't any other viruses or worms lurking around there.

If you can, I'd recommend posting a new HijackThis log over at computercops, as a new post in your original thread: http://computercops.biz/postp408814.html#408814

Also, mentioning the above might be very helpful. :)

Best regards and hope this helps,

-Javacool

22. Hi,
    I have just woken up this morning, to find the error has gone, I dont know how.
    Thanks for the help you have given me.

23. scotty_ford

scotty_ford Guest

hey guys thanks for all the info i got a file from limewire called funny and when i opened it the same runtime error 75 came up when i started up the computer but i did the panda scan and it disapeared straight after.

24. javacool

Hi,

I'm glad to hear things worked out. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.