Run time error '7', out of memory on Sony system

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by John Clark, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Clark

John Clark Guest

I have a Sony FRV-28 notebook with 40GB HD and 512MB memory, 2.8 GHz Pent 4. I can't install SpywareBlaster, keep getting "Run Time Error '7', Out of Memory" fault. I'm also running Ad-Aware, SpyBot S&D a nd Sygate Personal Firewall. Anyone know why?

- Edited subject to highlight for Javacool that this is a Sony system - LWM

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Re:Run time error '7', out of memory

What version of Windows PC is that running? (It's probably not RAM that it is out of.)

Ah, such a problem was reported before, but no additional information was provided to help resolve it. Though, Javacool did ask if the system was a Sony, for what that is worth...

SpywareBlaster {run-time error "7": out of memory}

3. John Clark

John Clark Guest

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition. New computer, everything else works 'OK'.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Ah, hi John. I edited after you replied.

There may be some pattern having to do with Sony systems. I'm not sure what, so we'll have to wait and see what Javacool says. There may be more things he'd like to know about your system...

5. John Clark

John Clark Guest

Thanks, I'll wait.

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Is there any sort of custom software that Sony installs on your system - i.e. software that runs in the background?

If so, could you try completely shutting it down, and then proceeding to try SpywareBlaster again?

Thanks in advance,

-Javacool

7. I'm getting the same error on a Dell laptop.

Running pop-up stopper, SpyBot, wireless connection to Internet.

I was able to download and run it on a generic desktop with no problems. I have rebooted and still have the same issue.

Tim

8. John Clark

John Clark Guest

I never could find the problem. Completely removed and downloaded it again still gives me the same error. I even tried after a clean HD reinstall, still doesn't like my system! If any knows why, chime right in!

9. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

This is very, very odd - and it only seems to happen with Sony PCs...

I'll keep looking for a possible cause.

Best regards,

-Javacool

10. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

This might be due to comctl32.ocx that needs to be re-registered using Regsvr32.exe , a small utility program provided by Microsoft for the purpose of registering ActiveX components contained in DLL and OCX files
    command is regsvr32 c:\windows\system\comctl32.ocx

HTH Then again, i may be completely wrong...

11. John Clark

John Clark Guest

Did anyone figure out why a Sony system won't run SpywareBlaster? It looks like a really nice program that no one else has. I'd really like to get it up and running. Hoping for the best.

12. Psy

Psy Guest

I am also getting the same runtime error and I am running Windows XP on an HP computer, I tried reinstalling it but I keep getting runtime error, out of memory as well so it's not just Sony systems. Has anyone figured out what the problem is yet?

Psy

13. John C

John C Guest

14. greekdsd

greekdsd Guest

I'm using an IBM PC 300GL with Windows 98SE and have the same problem.

I just tried to update my previous verson of SpywareBlaster to version 3.1 and received this message.

I haven't been able to run version 3.1 yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.