Run OTFBrutus GUI on Debian Linux?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by alleghenia, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleghenia

alleghenia Registered Member

I have been reading the threads on OTFBrutus GUI. I have an old TrueCrypt volume for which I remember most of the password and I need to brute force the remainder. I had a sentence with some punctuation included for the password. I remember the words of the sentence but not the random punctuation marks I had inserted. I am a Linux Newbie and I have no idea how to get OTFBrutus GUI to run on my Debian platform. I downloaded the 7z file and it contained what looked like a C++ project and then a windows executable. How might I run this app on Debian Linux? Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. tateu

tateu Registered Member

It's not going to happen, unless you can get it to run in WINE, which I have zero familiarity with, so I cannot even hazard a guess as to how or even if it will work.

If you're a Linux newbie, why are you trying to run it from Linux? If you have a Windows box, run it from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.