rules for folder sharing and mouse/beyboard sharing (synergy)?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by pajenn, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

i'm testing LnS on a desktop computer that serves as my secondary PC. i've shared several folders (partitions) on it in my home network, and I often run synergy on both my desktop and laptop so that I can drag the mouse cursor from one screen to the other and use also use my laptop keyboard with both computers.

after installing looknstop, i was unable to access the shared folders from my laptop and synergy didn't work either until I looked at the LnS log and clicked 'add rule...' from the context menu.

the problem is i don't understand the rules, and i'm unsure if i just allowed everything: The rules are of the type "This rule allows your PC to connect to other computers on the UDP port xxxx" or "This rule allows your computer to receive and to send packets of type X on ICMP protocol" and other types.

The IP ranges were for everything by default, but I restricted some of them to my laptop and desktop IPs (but they can vary).

Also, LnS kept beeping all the time so I had to disable the sound alerts, but why does it beep?

2. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.