Rule creation/app filtering

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by firzen771, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

its pretty annoying when i allowed a certian application, in this case call of duty 4 to connect to the internet, but when i click on the servers button to load server list, i get a million beeps and the log is full of stuff, y isnt it just after ive allowed the application, every connection to/from it to work?

or can someone help me with this, cause its very annoying

2. Aerowinder

Aerowinder Registered Member

Because the game is using UDP packets. When you allow an application, you are allowing only TCP traffic. You need rules to allow UDP traffic.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

is ther a way to set an app filter to allow UDP traffic for certain applications?

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Look 'n' Stop contains a packet filter (Internet Filtering tab) which is independant from the application filtering.

You need to add some rules to allow protocols & ports used by call of duty 4.
    To know the protocols & port used, you can look at Look 'n' Stop log, or at call of duty 4 FAQ.
    You can create a rule with a right click on an alert from the log, or by importing generic rules:
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/rules/rules.htm#TCPClient

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.