RTDefender v1.0

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Smiggy, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

Had EQSecure for some time, v3.41 (Alcyon Ruleset) and for the most part been very content.

However of late the program appeared to start forgetting rules and re-prompting again for authorisation for trusted programs which started to frustrate me.
    So I exported the rules, archived the installation folder and installed RTDefender (used to have ProSecurity 1.30 free, some time ago).

Have to say that this offering, albeit now somewhat defunct, is excellent.
    A rules wizard generator to set you up from scratch, ideal for novices, and then total lockdown with very very few pop-ups.
    Not delved deeply into it as yet as currently working on a dual boot with Linspire.

How do the other advocates of HIPS software find this package, EASTER, bellagamin, etc.?

Worked out that if I browse using my Linux partition, the risk of infection(s) is reduced to virtually nil. No need for sandboxing, AV's and HIPS etc.!

The future's good, the future's a 'Penguin'!!!

2. Criss

Criss Registered Member

Can anyone giv the the download link for RTD? i wan to try it. :)

3. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

As it's not an official download link I cannot post it here due BBS policy, however if you go to www.google.co.uk and type 'download rtdefender' it's listed as the fourth reply on a comodo forum posting.

Hope that helps!

:D

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

See my PM:) :)

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

The RTD website has been "under construction -- or totally offline -- since June 2008. I wonder if RTD will EVER become a reality (beyond version 1.0, which is simply a re-branding of the last version of defunct ProSecurity)? I hope so, but ...?

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

same happens to process guard
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.