RPC crashes after NOD32 installed.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Nixlie, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nixlie

Nixlie Registered Member

Hi. I've got a problem. After NOD32 is installed on Windows XP SP2 an error occures:
    "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem svchost.exe"
    and system reboots in 60 seconds.
    I've tryed 3 different computers. The problem exists on all of them.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! Welcome to Wilders !

It is very strange that you get this problem but even more strange is that you have it on 3 computers. Have you uninstalled your previous AV before NOD32 (what was/is it) ? Try to boot in Safe Mode , uninstall NOD , restart , remove the ESET folder from C:\Program files\ESET\ . Remove all files in your temporary direcotiries (using Windows Disk Cleanup) and try to install NOD32 again .

If this doesn't help , you can download and run HijackThis from here , create a log file and send it to ESET Tech Support support@eset.com , along with a link to this thread.

3. Nixlie

Nixlie Registered Member

Yes I've uninstalled previous AV of course. It was Symantec Antivirus v. 10
    But I've tryed to make clean install - new notebook, clean install of the operation system + NOD32. After NOD32 is installed RPC begin to work extremely unstable. It crashes after connecting remote access for example (just like an old virus don't remember it's name) or at any other unpredictable moment.
    After uninstalling NOD32 system begin to work stable and there is no problem.

4. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

See this thread (especially Blackspear's and johchi's replies in that thread).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.