Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.X problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ThunderZ, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Trying to teach a Friend how to back-up his data to CD prior to a freash install of XP Home. Roxio formats the disk then allows me to compile the files for burning. How ever when I click the burn button I get the error message "Roxio CD Burner kernel driver is already in use. Please wait for operation to finish." This is happening after a fresh boot of XP. I also tried a fresh install of Roxio, still the same problem. I have never used Roxio so I am at a total lose. Ideas, suggestions for a fix are appreciated.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

does this XP happen to be SP2? Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 isnt supported on that OS.

i dont have much experience with Roxio either, but u can post in the Roxio forum for a better answer.

3. ThunderZ

Thanks WSFuser. In all honesty I do not know just to what extent he has kept up with updates. He runs a small business using his PC. (minimal PC knowledge) I got a "panic" call from him that he was getting a BSOD with the usual cryptic error message(s). He thought all his business related info. was toast. Got it restarted in safe mode, then was able to run Cureit from a thumb drive. It found several nasties that it was able to cure, a couple it deleted on re-start, and a couple it had to rename. It was then able to boot normally. Suspected some corruption after this but not of a simple CD burning program. After uninstalling\re-installing the program and receiving the same error message all thoughts of a simple fix went out the window. :'( I may try installing Drop to CD to see if it can back up his stuff prior to a nuke and repave of his system. Just hate layering more software on to an already ailing system.

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Roxio may sometimes conflict with AVG AV if it's not fully updated. Does your friend also use AVG?
    Mrk

5. ThunderZ

No AVG. Just an expired copy of Norton :doubt: that originally came with the PC. Once I get him squared away from this near disaster I will be giving him a crash course on PC Security & Maintenance 101. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.