Routers Vulnerability [Symantec]

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by TairikuOkami, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I'd bet this is pretty successful as I'd suspect there many default passwords out there,..admin, admin/admin, password...

3. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

Besides using a strong pw for the router, it would seem also to make sense to look up and manually apply the ISP's dns server addresses into the router, as well as input them into the network configuration settings in Windows. Any thoughts?

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well that will catch out alot of users since most people have javascript active
    in their browsers.
    ive been meaning to change the default username and password in my router but havent done so yet but will make sure i do.
    i cant believe i forgot:D
    of course i have encryption enabled on the router.
    but in my road most people who live there are old and dont know about computers so i didnt think i needed to change it.
    also if i forgot the user name and password i would have to reset the router to defaults.
    i have now made my router save
    its funny because to view that video on the link i had to enable javascript for the symantec site lol

i use opendns and i have put those settings in to the router
    lodore

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  5. AintGeo

AintGeo Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.