router problems

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by lillonewolf12, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lillonewolf12

lillonewolf12 Registered Member

Hi i just got a new netgear wndr3700 router and i had a router hooked up before but now i keep getting those udp log entries , rule udp any other packets, the address is my router address, port dest: SSDP/Upnp=1900, Src 1029 and 1030. Can i just add the rule for this , one says client and one server thou. I have read the thread about creating a rule for routers but it is really confusing. I have my mac address and the ip of the router these are downloads being blocked so far. I also was getting IGMP upload a few times also can I also just add a rule for this also. Do i need to input all the values by hand or not. I would like to allow these functions but in a secure way. I use to get a Tcp/ ip log when i and now i see now log for it at all. I have switched from using WEP to WPA security is this why it shows UDP instead of TCP/IP now? I loaded the newest enhanced version of rules. I am also running the older version of looknstop 2.06 v4 because i hate the newone asking to allow secondary and third programs if it is ok to open a primary program to go online. And version 2.07 still shuts down my printer when trying to print stuff off the web. I dont really want to shut off plug n play or SSDP either my new router uses it to enable WPS on the newer adapters from netgear, I do have the WPS and UPnp in the router shut off for now thou. Thanks, sincerely
    lillonewolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.