Router blocks Updates

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by armus, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armus

armus Registered Member

Hi guys,

Has anyone experienced a problem with NOD being unable to download definition updates (automatic or manual) through a hardware ADSL router?

My client has a Telstra (Australia) ADSL router and NOD cannot connect to any of the available servers to download any updates.

I am using NOD to replace Norton AV 2002 which had no dramas updating. NOD?s failure to update meant I had to uninstall it in favour of AVG (ugh!) as a temporary protection measure until I sort this out. AVG has no problem updating either.

Is there any ports or TCP/UDP protocols I need to tell the router to allow for NOD?

Thanks in advance,

Shane.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I have no problems updating through my Linksys here in the U.S.
    It doesn't sound like a router problem although I could be wrong.
    Try pinging the Eset update servers to see if you get a reply.
    If you get a reply, there is some other problem.

3. izi

izi Registered Member

Hello!

Disable Firewall module function in ADSL router.

Izi

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Shane, I'm a reseller on the Gold Coast, we haven't found a problem yet. I have a client using an Alcatel 4 port ADSL Router supplied by Telstra. I suggest first calling Rod at Nod32 Australia in Brisbane, he is now back on board. If he is unable to solve your problem then contact the local distributor for the brand of ADSL Router that Telstra have supplied.

You can also try talking to Bigpond, though you will want to talk to a senior technician, or you may as well try gargling under water ;)

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.