Router and Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by marse.robert, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi all,

Amongst other defences, I have Nod32 and a D-Link DSL-504T Router. I have high regard for Nod32, will my particular router take care of the inbound stuff?

Marserobert

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It sure will.

Cheers :D

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Your router will "hide" computer(s) behind it...from the "noise" of the internet. So your PC will not be directly attacked, and it's hidden from the self spreading worms and trojans out on the internet which can affect computers that are directly connected to the broadband modems..on a public IP address.

You still need to protect your computer from malware...which arrives through incoming files, e-mail, downloads, some compromised websites, the user installing "free" software that has undesired stuff with it....things resulting of direct actions from the computer user. Basic home grade NAT routers will not protect you against these.

However...to be more accurate..."some" routers out there can help protect you against these. There are some higher end business grade ones, and some free "linux distro" ones out there, which do indeed scan all web traffic, e-mail, downloads, etc....for viruses/worms/adware/malware, as well as strong IDS and deep SPI for vulnerabilities and attacks. Some nice distributions that do this...Endian, and my latest favorite..Untangle.
    http://untangle.com/

So do routers protect you..both yes, and no, to some degree..some just a bit, and only in 1 area, others...more completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.