ROOT

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by TheSnowGuy, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Root

Just a quick note to let you know that you are being thought of.
    Hope you are recovering nicely. This surgery business isn't nice at all.
    The nights are very long for me so I post here alittle. Not really feeling up to it but better than just laying in bed....not much of a tv watcher and the computer chess game cheats...its by M$...of course..
    You take care of yourself old friend....

TheSnowGuy

2. root

root Registered Member

Hey Snowguy, thanks much. It's been three weeks today that they split me down the middle and things are getting better. One of the sites on my leg where they took out an artery busted open and I'm having a time keeping it from getting bad but other than that I seem to be healing ok. Will be seeing the surgeon for a followup on on Thursday.

I never heard what you had to be operated on for, but whatever it was, must have been nasty as I know you have been having a time of it. I hope this gets you back to good health soon my friend. I know what you mean about long nights, but I left those behind at the hospital. I have a Select Comfort air bed and that has helped me sleep.

If you get a throwaway email on the net, you can get in touch with me at gdr(at)post.com. Take care of yourself buddy.

3. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Root

well old friend....looks like we have alot in common these days...when I woke up I noticed infection is setting in........man, after all we have been through an now we have to deal with this........
    I don't know how you feel on this subject but frankly I am about fed up with hospitals and wannabe doctors.....

Take it slow and easy, Root.

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Dear Root and Snowy,

I wish you both ALL the best !!!!!

An heartfelt wish go out to you both (and everyone with so much troubles and pain) !

Root, my dear friend,
    I so much would like to offer my sincere apologies to you that I didn't earlier wished you ALL the best :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Please, please, be assured that I DO care for you !!!!!

Root, Snowman :
    All my best wishes !!!

Most warmest regards, Jan.

5. root

root Registered Member

This has been an interesting experience and definitely not one I would care to repeat. Funny you should mention Doctor wannabes. I'm not sure there was a heart surgeon in the operating room when I was on the table. A Surgeons assistant visited me in my room after surgery a couple of times and he was talking about working on me and sewing me up. Whoever was working on me punctured my left lung and it collapsed, and it took them a couple of days to figure out why I was hurting so bad. I think at first they thought I was just another whinner.
    I have just found out that a lot of the time it is several days after surgery that some sites tend to get infected. Looks like that's whats going on with me.

Jan, no problem. I don't expect people to always reply. I know there are a lot of members on this board that are very caring people but I would not expect them to get involved in every post about someone having difficulties.
    I do hope your problems have improved since last we talked. I would not care to have the problems you are dealing with, so I don't feel sorry for myself for the few issues I have to deal with. I can always look around and see how fortunate I really am compared to the burdens many have to carry.

6. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Root

Don't be surprised if the right doctor was not in on your surgery.
    I had triple bypass at a very young age of 40.......an later discovered that it was a completely unknown surgeon that did the surgery....my doctor was a couple of hundred miles away........no fooling! An investigation revealed the truth.....
    This latest surgery I swore I would not have but decided that it was impossible to avoid...it was not heart related. I will be watching the infection closely over the next few hours.....am much to physically weak to take a serious infection.

JAN, old friend, Root and I will be just fine....not to worry....as Root said...others have their problems....an may need our comforting....together we will all get through the day.......

7. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Root,
    all the best to ya' man. I know a few people who have had similiar surgery and are better than ever. You'll be stiff for a while, but you'll feel much better after a while. I know it.
    Take care my friend. I know we'll be hearing from you a lot in the future!!

Snowman? That you?
    Heavens' man, if that is you, you've been away for a while. Of course I wish you nothing but the very best as well. I hope you both get well real soon.

Take care,
    bill :)

8. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Bill,

Heyya Buddy....how you doing........so nice to hear from you.
    Yupper, was off the air for a year or so...didn't use a computer at all other than rebuild a couple for some kids.......an it felt good...an did me good as well.
    it had reached a point where I just was not going to tolarate the viruses..trojans....an etc......an the constant updating game...it just wasn't worth the energy. still isn't. When and if I recover....the computer goes...turned off..shut-down.....will let some kid have it. Actually my internet computer the mice ruined...am using an old puter at the moment....but works for me.
    So, whatca been doing with yourself ? Will be hoping to share posts with you in the near future.....take care.

TheSnowGuy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.