Rollup of Firewallleaktester.com tests?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by lotuseclat79, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Some while ago I tried but was unsuccessful at downloading all of the available firewall leaktests at http://www.firewallleaktester.com. The problem was that my AV immediately quanrantined the download - good AV, good AV!! :(

Does anyone know if there is a rollup zip or rar file of the firewall leaktests available? All I would have to do would be to either ignore or reduce the number of compressed layers scanned for compressed files to be able to get them onto my system for testing. My AV is set to scan 3 layers currently.

Ideally it would be great if someone could offer to rollup the tests into a zip or rar file, say two layers. Then I could set incoming compressed files scan at one layer and get the tests.

-- Tom

2. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

I suggest changing your AV preferences (at least make it give you option when the occasion arises)

Unless you have options enabled to detect test files the AV really doesn't have the right to categorize test files as the real deal.

I could not find a package of them all together either, maybe try using the contact form on the website to request such a feature :\

3. lotuseclat79

Hi AJohn,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried that some time ago, and the website owner (gkweb?) does not have the time - very busy guy.

It has nothing to do with test files when a download is scanned by the AV - it doesn't know from squat that Copycat.exe is a test file nor does it care, nor should it - it has malware that gets detected, and my AV is doing its job - that's why I am asking the question.

Well, maybe one of the good samaritans here will be able to do it and post a reply to this thread with a pointer.

-- Tom

4. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

I don't know which AV you are using, but an example would be NOD32 recognizing these as test files since thats which they are, but since i'm such a nice guy and understand all AV aren't created equally :p :

All firewallleaktester leaktests as of 04-07-06 (4:25 PM eastern time) excluding any sources and including all availiable versions:

I originally accidentally left two of them out, here they all are:

http://www.badongo.com/file/445543

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  5. lotuseclat79

Hi AJohn,

I am not familiar with NOD32's capability to distinguish tests vs. real malware during a download which is what happens with my AV which is tightly coupled to detect network viruses at the firewall level. For example, if I disable the firewall I lose the network virus detection.

I am currently using PCcillin Internet Security 2006 (recent upgrade from 2005). With PC-cillin 2005, I previously ran ZoneAlarm Free to provide both:
    1) stealthing of all ports, and
    2) outbound notification of all connection attempts.

PC-cillin 2006 has those capabilities and so I have waved good-bye to ZoneAlarm Free. Its no mystery that in the last year ZA has included AV so they are more of a competitor than collaborator as before a couple of years ago.

I just want to run the firewallleaktester.com tests, but not all of them will pass through my AV. The only way I can see is to have the tests embedded more than one layer down, or just even zipped and I can then ignore compressed files to get them onto my system.

I am not willing to turn off the network protection in order to get them. Once they are on my system, I have until the next system scan which would detect them to do the tests and rewrap everything up into a several layered zip file for safe keeping and further testing.

-- Tom

6. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Did you notice in my post above I provided zip file?

7. lotuseclat79

Hi AJohn,

Actually, I just read the email notice from Wilders which did not include you link - so as I posted my message I didn't think to look at yours a little closer else I'm sure I would have discovered it.

Thanks,

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.