Rolls-Royce of Secure Video Conferencing

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Robert525, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert525

Robert525 Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

Currently, I am using Microsoft Live Messenger for video calls. I'm sure it must not be very safe or secure.

I am looking for the absolute best approach to video conferencing in respect to security. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Alternately, is there a way to make Messenger more secure?

Thanks,

Robert

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Video conferencing - home / work?
    You could try sandboxing the software.
    Also, keep it up to date, make sure that it is properly configured, regarding scripts, buddies and such. Do not download unknown files or click on links from strangers.
    Mrk

3. Robert525

Robert525 Registered Member

Thanks for responding.

I suppose I would be considered a "home" user in the sense that I don't have to meet any set technical standards such as would be the case if I was telecommuter for a big company. As such, my situation is flexible insofar as how the video conferencing would be implement. Nonetheless, I do need a secure connection in which the audio and video streams would be encrypted and the service should be reliable day in and day out.

I'm not sure what you mean by sandboxing. If its not too much trouble, could you send me a link where I could read up on it.

Thanks again,

Robert

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.