Rolled back to version 4.2.71.2 but doesn't recognise my Username & Password

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by VampireLord7, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VampireLord7

VampireLord7 Registered Member

Hi everybody :)

I own a 2 years AV licence that expires on May 2014.
    I'm running windows XP Professional 32 bit, SP3.

Until recently i had installed a previous version 5 of AV, but my system was freezing when external hard drive was connected. To solve the problem, i uninstalled it and installed the latest version of Nod32 (5.2.9.1), by following all the details written in ESET support pages, but unfortunately didn't solve my problem with the freezing.
    So, yesterday night i decided to roll back to version 4. I had version 4.2.71.2 saved in my hard drive from previous use (months ago). So, i used this one, without needing to download it from the ESET page again.

I uninstalled V5.2.9.1, installed V4.2.71.2, restarted my computer, used my username & password, updated all definitons, upgraded to full version (by updating all modules etc.) and after more than 12 hours still says that is a trial version which expires in 30 days :eek:

What's wrong and my roll back wasn't successful on validation? Do i have to follow another procedure?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET NOD32 Antivirus existed as a 30-day trial version which had a different msi installer than the full version. Make sure that you download v4 from the ESET's download page.
    As for the lockup issues, check this post and find out if you have any of the problematic drivers / software installed.

3. VampireLord7

VampireLord7 Registered Member

Thank you Marcos for your quick reply.

I haven't seen the "lockup issues" thread, but the other with the subject "NOD 32 5.0.93.0 & 5.0.94.0 PC freezes when USB HD is connected". So, i will also read the one you advised me and see what's still wrong with the latest version and my system.

So, i will download v4 directly from the ESET page to install it and i when i find some more time, i will try to find out what causes the incompatibility between my system and the lockup issues of the v5.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.