RollbackRX, RestoreIT, Acronis True Image, FD-ISR?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ejr, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Wow its like I went to school again and learned something new, but no I didn't really, I already knew this ErikAlbert and I am not keeping RollbackRX, I was just merely trying it out, was just curious if it worked, but thanks for the concerns. I would never ditch Image Backup (Acronis) for nothing. I don't even have to choice between Image Backup and FD-ISR because they compliment each other.

dja2k

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

No sweat. I often forget what other members already know. It's not my intention to teach members, because most of them are smarter than me.
    I'm just telling my opinion and I can defend myself if they don't agree.
    Cheers,

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

No problem ErikAlbert. I don't think I am smarter than anyone but you going out of your way posting all that info maybe useful for others to learn a lesson. As another point, in no moment did I intend to disagree with you :D .

dja2k

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Erik

You need to get involved with beta testing an imaging program. That would put some excitement back into imaging. :D

Pete

5. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

That is so right, and it's usually very rewarding too.

6. pwstreet

pwstreet Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback Peter and Erik. Erik's post has given me some insight into how an ISR type program could be more convenient, especially as far as rebooting to an alternate setup or operating system. I think it would be an easy process to create alternate images in Shadow Protect as well to allow restoring to different configurations.Since I've never used either FD-ISR or RollBackrx, I don't really have an informed opinion on their uses.
    I was actually looking at purchasing one or the other to complement Shadow Protect but the more I read and learn from the posts on this and other forums, the more it seems that, except in the case of a real "power user", it would be realistic to use Shadow Protect for both purposes.
    Much like Peter, I too want the best product for the job, but the fact something is an all in one solution does not automatically rule it out for consideration in my case.
    In my limited experience between Acronis and Shadow Protect, there's no comparison or argument as far as which is better (Shadow Protect). So I'm starting with the best and fastest image back up program. I can take a snapshot\incremental on demand snapshot of my 50gb C: drive in less than a minute, prior to making any changes or installing new software. So again, this is great performance. The only place I can really see a difference in is restore speed and in my situation, this would be more than compensated for by the convenience and savings in using only Shadow Protect.
    Again, thanks for the responses, they've given me more to think about before I decide which way I want to go. I realize it would be an easy thing to buy FD-ISR or RollBack, but in my case, I have to buy for two systems so cost does become somewhat of a factor.

7. ErikAlbert

LOL. But I'm not a beta-tester, I only test final version softwares to make sure they work properly and certainly softwares that are supposed to save my skin.
    My technical know-how isn't strong enough to do beta-testing.

It's a pity that I already solved Image Backup and Immediate System Recovery, otherwise I would test RBRx myself.
    I read so many posts about RBRx with contradicting opinions and experiences, that it makes me angry.
    If I would read such posts about FDISR, I know at least they are right or wrong, because I use it myself.

But this chapter is finished for me and I have other things do.
    My on-line snapshot is still a disaster, my video editing is still a flop, ...

8. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

:D :D :D Forgive me, but I get the impression that you really enjoy this chapter. You flip pages over and over again. :D :D :D

9. ErikAlbert

I mean with finished, that I already choosed my softwares, that doesn't mean I finished talking about the subject. :D

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Heck Erik is like all of us. He's addicted to this stuff:D :D :D

11. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Did someone say ADDICTED? :rolleyes:

dja2k

12. ErikAlbert

Erik stands up and says : "I'm Erik and I'm an Internet Alcoholic." and
    thinks : "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  13. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

LOL :thumb:
    And we're better for it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.