Rollback Uninstall Followup

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by BigAppleJack, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAppleJack

BigAppleJack Registered Member

Hello everybody. I posted in this forum on Feb.18, 2009 that I had downloaded the 2 week trial version of Rollback Rx and was having difficulty uninstalling it. Rather than messing with it and ending up reverting to a prior snapshot, I just opted to have it do nothing and let it expire. It expired last Tuesday, and, when I boot up, I get a notification box with 3 choices: ...................PURCHASE NOW......ACTIVATE.........OK. When I press OK, the box disappears and everything is normal. I had expected the expiration warning to go away by itself eventually. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm wary of messing with uninstall because something that Rollback was doing as an add-on to Explorer was keeping IE7 from functioning at all and when Microsoft displayed a FIX IT button, it failed to work because it was only applicable to 32 bit Vista and I have 64!!! I just would like to kill the expiration notification box. Outpatient surgery? Thanks and also thank you to those who made suggestions in February. :)

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

An obvious suggestion possibly ----- did you do a system restore?

3. nexstar

nexstar Registered Member

From the Horizon DataSys Knowledgebase here:

The only way to get it sorted out is to cleanly uninstall it and they obviously have the tool for the job:) .

Graham

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.