Rollback RX & system image

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Smuck, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuck

Smuck Registered Member

C drive has 60 GB. After installing Rollback Rx 9.1 windows system image backup fails. It just promts that there is too little space on the 1 TB back drive for the 60 GB system drive.

2. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi Smuck :)

I am wondering if the bottom line with apps such as RollbackRX, etc., really have no interest in pushing for true compatibility with 'other' forms of system backup and restore, such as Windows backup/imaging, maybe many others. I have read in regards to RollbackRX, that TBU Image for Windows can successfully perform without too much trouble, but I have not tested that personally, but would say if any image program would work along side RollbackRX, it would be something like IFW. Just an observation.

My question is how or why would windows imaging prompt you about your backup 1TB being out of space, unless of course you have it filled which I doubt that very highly. Is the only thing you are using your 1TB backup drive for is housing images? If so, what is the actual free space of your backup drive? Is it external drive or a 1TB internal drive being used as backup?

Could it be possible that RollbackRX is using the backup drive to write to if it is internal? Sorry about the questions, just trying to figure out why windows imaging is failing and/or reporting lack of adequate space for backing up.

Another head scratcher, but again, these type of apps like RollbackRX can cause abnormal behavior it appears at least to me, in regards to other form of system backup/restore.

Have a good day! I wish I could be better help, but maybe we can figure it out if some others chime in....more heads better than one :)

3. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I use both DriveCloner and Paragon to image my drive and have been doing so without any problem for years.

Are you trying to do an all sector image? If so this may be the source of the problem. Also, are you sure your backup drive has enough free space on it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.