RollBack Rx and imaging software

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bgoodman4, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I asked the folks at Horizon to clarify if RollBack Rx would serve as a replacement for other imaging software (such and specifically Acronis True Image) and I thought some of you folks would like to see their response.

2. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Yes but not as efficiently as a dedicated imaging software

3. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

I tried Rollback's imaging capability, and I really didn't like it. It gets the job done, but as raaki said, it's not as good as some other programs. It's not surprising, since Rollback's primary function is just that---an Instant System Recovery. The imaging feature is more like a bonus.

4. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I would expect you are correct but there has been a lot of talk about problems between using both ATI and RollBack RX so I thought I would add this bit of info to the mix. I would expect that the vast majority of problems would be effectively dealt with by simply rolling back using Rx, the only problem that might require a dedicated image (assuming Rxs is not sufficient) would be with a hard drive failure. I wonder if Rx would allow for a transfer to another (replacement) drive. TI will of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.