rollback rx and corropt installation file

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by lodore, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    I downloaded the rollback rx installer from there website on my main pc (aka the one with bad ram) then i put in on a usb pen and installed it upstairs.
    when i went to snapshot management sometimes it loaded fine but other times it crashed saying the rollbackrx.exe crashed and crashed again when i re opened the interface. so i firstly went back to an old snapshot and it was ok first time but then second time it happened again.
    so since it only had like 2 programs on the pc upstairs aka my 6 year old dell pc with windows ME:D I formated the hard drive installed windows ME then installed rollback rx and created a snap shot of the current system. the first time i clicked on snapshot management it worked fine. but second time i get the rollbackrx.exe crashed.
    so i went back to the snapshot i created and when it rebooted again first time the snapshot management worked perfectly but second time it crashed.
    so do you think the .zip file got corropt on its journey from there website to my pc with bad ram before i put it on the usb pen?
    because i uninstalled rollbackrx and then downloaded a fresh rollbackrx on my main pc again but its eiether corropt again or it still had remaindents from the old install.
    lodore

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Didnt Rollback check the integrity of you Hard Drive before it installed? if it finds errors it usually will tell you to fix them first

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i meant the installer file corropt when downloaded on my main pc.
    so i think the file got corropt when downloading on to my main pc before i stuck it on a memory stick and took it to my fresh install of windows ME
    i dont think rollbackrx would keep crashing on a fresh windows installation even if it is windows ME.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.